After 2 years working from home, I wanted to share with you my favorite products + gadgets that will make working from home much easier & fun. Aaaand you can get them all from Amazon. How convenient is that? (I can’t wait for my new orders to arrive). Continue reading…
1. First things first, a sleek and beautiful electric standing desk, if you’re ready to go all-in on the sit-to-stand office life. With just the tap of a button, it’ll raise itself up in a matter of seconds, and you can save up to four height presets so you’re not having to readjust each time! It also has a child lock feature to avoid accidental activation *and* three handy USB charging ports on the side.
I’ve been obsessed with this standing desk for over a year now, and I really can’t recommend it enough if you’re ready to invest in a high-quality standing desk. It looks super modern and elegant in my home office. There’s a thin drawer in the front and that’s great for putting papers.
The actual standing desk feature works like a charm. An anti-collision feature is also built in, meaning the desk will stop moving if it detects an obstacle in its way.
2. Or an adjustable standing desk converter it’s also a good solution, because we all know sitting for hours straight is terrible for our health. With this, you can easily take standing breaks throughout the day while still working, and when you’re sitting, it functions as a regular monitor stand so you can set your screen at eye level.
Working from home, having a standing desk is critical. Like this, I can work easily without always sitting. I can keep my cat off my keyboard during meetings. If I am starting to drift off, or lose concentration, I can stand and stretch. It also forces me to organize my desk (moving it up and then down, I have to keep it clean and clear). Super easy to put together. If you work from home this is a must have.
3. A 24-inch budget-friendly monitor in case working off just your laptop isn’t cutting it anymore. It’ll give you a much larger workspace and the ability to drag windows seamlessly between your connected laptop and monitor. Being able to reference multiple pages at once can have a major (positive) impact on your productivity — and it’s much more comfortable than crouching over your MacBook every day.
It features a 75Hz refresh rate with 1080p resolution, making it suitable for casual gaming too. It has two HDMI ports — be sure to pick up a USB-C hub if you’re planning to connect a MacBook (I’ve been using mine since 2020, and I am obsessed.
4. A chic, waterproof desk mat — it’s like a mouse pad, but wide enough for your keyboard or laptop to fit, too. It really helps tie your entire space together visually while also protecting your desk from scratches, stains, and spills.
A must-have for teleworkers! This mat is the perfect size and protects my chalk-painted desk. It eliminates the need for an additional mouse pad due to the smooth surface. I love that it is reversible with a shimmery aqua color on one side and a soft silvery color on the other. I’m very happy with it.
5. A pair of blue-light–blocking glasses, because we all stare enough at our phone screens as it is without adding another eight hours of staring at our computer, with more time spent in video calls than interacting IRL with people when you WFH. These lenses protect you from blue light that can cause eye strain and headaches and even mess up your sleep cycle.
I have been needing some blue-light-blocking glasses due to the increase in the amount of time I am spending online when working at home. I love the style of these two frames. They are trendy, lightweight, and comfortable. A must-buy. I definitely have noticed less eye strain for sure!
6. A slim laptop stand that’ll raise your laptop and bring it closer to eye level, especially handy if you use it with a desktop monitor. This is better for the overall ergonomics of your setup, but it also ensures your laptop gets ventilation and doesn’t overheat.
Back in 2020, when as most of us, I started to work longer and longer from my laptop, this was the first purchase I made, and I am so happy about it.
This stand fits any laptop from 10 to 15.6 inches. As I only use it at home, I took a sturdy version, that is not pliable, but let me also link the most affordable pliable and transportable version, that you can easily take everywhere with you.
7. A sturdy phone holder that makes it *so* much easier if you take video calls for work on your phone — or for taking those midday breaks to scroll TikTok. You can prop your phone up vertically or horizontally and keep it charging at the same time!
This holder also has grippy pads on the bottom so it doesn’t slide around or scratch your desk!
It is wonderful to have on my desk, while working from home. I bought this for all of the Zoom meetings I was conducting at home. It works great! It’s very sturdy and allows me a good angle when speaking to clients. Would highly recommend!!
8. A six-outlet wall charger and surge protector, which doubles as a night-light with a dusk-to-dawn sensor — it automatically turns on when ambient light in the area isn’t enough to see. It’s designed to handle those annoyingly bulky chargers, PLUS it has two USB fast-charging ports, meaning you can finally put an end to your daily routine of plugging and unplugging things underneath your desk.
I work from home in a my apartment, and this really made my working set-up the way I want it to be. I need to use all six plugs, plus I like to keep my phone and laptop charging while working too. This was the perfect thing for me to get everything plugged in and essentially retrofitted into a built-in apartment wall desk setup. I’m ordering a second one in hopes it transforms another part of my floor plan. Bonus: The USB ports seem to fast charge my iPhone.
9. A big, adjustable laptop tray table that folds up when not in use. It offers plenty of space for a large laptop, a notebook, an iPad and phone (thanks to the tray at the top), & small items like pens and glasses thanks to the side drawer. It can be set to five different heights and four different angles, so you can really customize it to your comfort.
This can be used as a standing desk or as a table while working from bed!
10. A selfie ring light for all your virtual meetings so your coworkers can actually *see* your lovely face and not a shadowy figure with a dark background.
You can either use this with your phone mounted just under the light for FaceTime, or if you’re calling or filming from a laptop, you can set up the tripod or the light on your desk behind the screen. Boom, fancy lighting.
Provides great, easily adjustable light at three different color tones. Must-have for the working from home professional or vlogger.
11. A portable monitor if you don’t want a full-size monitor, but still need a second screen that you can easily put away when you’re done. It’s thin like a tablet and versatile — you can incorporate it into your work-from-home setup or use the included cover to slip it into your bag and take on the go!
This is *perfect* if you like to take your work to the local coffee shop on nice days.
It’s’s not a bad option for casual gaming in your off hours either.
I purchased this portable monitor to help with working at home. I am beyond happy with the quality of the monitor. Truly the quality between my laptop and the portable monitor is beyond similar. It’s definitely a must buy for anyone working from home.
12. An adjustable, ergonomic, mesh desk chair because it’s time to stop sitting in that hard, straight-back dining room chair with zero lumbar support. This will give your comfort a major upgrade with its breathable mesh lining, adjustable flip-up armrests, back support, and recline function — so you can lean back and admire all your hard work.
This chair is so comfortable. Especially with the lumbar pillow you can add on. I was in desperate need of a new chair, and this chair meet my all my needs. I love it! Definitely a must-have for your home office.
13. An adjustable foam footrest for placing under your desk, giving your feet a soft yet firm support. It essentially brings the floor to you, extremely helpful if you’re on the shorter side and your feet don’t easily lay flat on the floor! And if you tend to get restless throughout the day, you can flip it over and rock back and forth.
I’ve been using this particular footrest for well over a year now, and I can say I didn’t realize how uncomfortable I was while sitting until I had this. I am not very tall, so I use the full height of this footrest to ensure my feet are completely supported, but you can remove the bottom part to adjust the height if needed. The velvety cover also comes off and can be tossed in the washing machine for easy cleaning.
14. A keyboard cleaning gel, because when you work-from-home it’s even more tempting to take lunch at your desk while continuing to work, which means there are likely tons of little crumbs building up between your keyboard keys, not to mention dust and grime. All you have to do is gently press this gel against the keyboard, and it’ll pick up all the dirt and crumbs between your keys.
Working from home, like a lot of people, I eat at my desk. Crumbs were getting everywhere. Plus my cat loved to lay on my keyboard if I was using my laptop. It does such a great job of getting fur and crumbs up. I used a little bit at first because some of the reviews were saying it was sticking. But I didn’t have that problem at all. A must-have for all office desks.
Other posts To Read
Share this blog